Sunday, June 26, 2011

THEREFORE, I AM











The penultimate song in the proposed musical ROCK&RobYn performed by Roslyn (Robyn's doppelganger) after Rock has lost all hope, any sense of self-worth and his direction in life now that Robyn is gone and Reggie "The Magnificent" Solaris turns out to be not so magnificent after all.

THEREFORE, I AM

One fine day you'll find your way
You'll stand and say,
“Well, I know where I've been”
“And, I know, I won't go there again”

The way ahead
You'll see it so clearly
Until you can nearly
See right through to the end

The twists and turns
The ups and downs
By now you've learned
Your way around

And you'll have found
Who you're meant to be
You'll know the reason
You're unique

You won't ask how
You won't ask why
There'll be no question anymore
You'll know just what you came here for

When you ask,
“Who am I? Where will I go to?”     (Who am I? Where will I go to?)*
You'll see your name on a door
You'll turn that key
And then, “Presto chango, open Sesame!”

You'll be free to be you
You'll say, “Pleased to meet me, not a moment too soon”
And every moment of the day will come alive like it's High Noon!

(instrumental)                               (Who am I? Where will I go to?)

“Who am I? Where will I go to?”     (Who am I? Where will I go to?)
There's no Master Plan
Can't pin the blame on God's hand
Can't blame bad luck, but when your wheels get stuck

Right through that door
There's an untold story
That can end in a blaze of glory
Or go down in flames

You'll say,                                    (Who am I? Where will I go to?)
“I was born to discover who I was born to be,”
“To become that someone somewhere inside of me”

“Therefore,”                                  (Who am I? Where will I go to?)
“Therefore,”
“Therefore, I am!”




 NOTE: * (italics) = background vocals

Words & Music: Kevin Laffey
5/04 – 6/18/11
Laffalong Songs (BMI) ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment